Home Insurance in Florida
Why You Should Have Homeowners Insurance
In Florida, disaster can strike at any time. Having homeowner’s insurance can give you some peace of mind that your home and belongings are protected.
Breaking Down Home Insurance Coverage
There are different types of coverage in Florida that you should be aware of to get maximum protection.
- Coverage A: This provides coverage for damages that occur to the structure of the home. You should have a minimum of $100,000, and $125,000 in coastal counties for this type of coverage.
- Coverage B: This will provide coverage for other structures on your property, which can include an unattached garage, in-ground swimming pool, or gazebo.
- Coverage C: This will provide coverage for your personal belongings. Examples can include furniture, clothing, jewelry, stereos, or appliances. You can choose the coverage limits you want, depending on the belongings you are trying to insure.
- Coverage D: This coverage will help provide relief if you are unable to live in your home, due to a covered loss. This helps pay for alternative housing, food, and clothing.
- Coverage E: This coverage helps provide you with liability protection if someone files a lawsuit against you saying that they were injured on your property, or if you damage their property.
- Coverage F: This provides coverage for medical payments to those who are not living at your residence, but who are injured on or near your property. It also protects you if the injury is due to a family member who lives with you.
Additional Types of Coverage
An agent at B & G Insurance, serving Miami, FL, can help provide you with information on other types of coverage, such as dog liability, screen enclosure or carport coverage, or special limits coverage.
What You Should Know about Homeowners Insurance
Homeowners insurance sometimes won’t take the unique details of your home into consideration, so make sure you are not underinsured and review coverage options yearly to see if you need to adjust your limits based on the rising or falling market price.
Contact B & G Insurance, serving Miami, FL, to get a quote on home insurance. By contacting our agents, we can help teach you more about the benefits of a home insurance policy and help answer your questions. If you are in a hurry, try our online rating tool for quotes on home and auto insurance.